WHAT IS CYBER-BULLYING?
"Using the Internet or other mobile devices to send or post harmful or cruel text or images to bully others."
- Nancy Willard, Director, Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use
Examples of Cyber-Bullying:
- Sending cruel or threatening messages
- Creating websites that have stories, cartoons, pictures and jokes ridiculing others
- Posting pictures of classmates online and asking others to rate them
- Breaking into an e-mail account and sending vicious and embarrassing material to others
- Engaging someone in IM and tricking that person into revealing sensitive info, and forwarding it to others
- Taking a picture of a person using a digital phone camera and sending that picture to others
Find out more about preventing and reporting cyber-bullying at the Stopbullying.gov website of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.